Random Thoughts Bouncing Around in an Empty Brain
That's what my head feels like today. In truth it's what my head has felt like for a few weeks now and all of the post Christmas clutter isn't helping. So, what am I doing right now -- am I taking down Christmas decorations, or putting away gifts, or taking a long head-clearing walk -- NO. I am writing a blog post.
It does help to get some of those random thoughts out of my brain and on to paper -- well it usually does. I did what I call a Brain Dump yesterday and wrote every thing down that was clogging up my thought processes and it did help for a while, but today they are all back pinging around in there. Ugh! I know -- you are saying -- why doesn't she just do some of these things. Well, I have -- I was busy yesterday crossing things off of my to do list, and still it is miles long.
Here's some of the things I did:
- Walked the dog 2 miles
- Returned shoes to Zappos at the UPS store
- Dropped off shoes to be repaired
- Picked up a prescription at CVS (that always takes longer than I think it should -- always a huge line there)
- Bought myself calendars for home and work since I didn't get any for Christmas
- Picked up Emma's friend and dropped them off at the nail place to use their Christmas gift certificates
- Paid estimated taxes
- Paid bills
- Did 2 loads of laundry and folded and put them away
- Met Emma at her ballet class in Bristol so we could take photos for her Summer Dance Intensive Applications. Her teacher helped us get the poses right and I did the photographs.
- Downloaded photographs to the computer
- Helped Emma tweak some setting on her new blog: Ballerina Bunheads. Check it out!
Okay, so now I am just droning on with no organization at all. Welcome to my brain!
And I haven't even included the list of unfinished projects around the house that are all also jumping around my brain.
I need a glass of wine -- is it 5pm yet?